Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kells' Triumphant Return

I have returned!

Just FYI, I did not intentionally abandon this site. I actually thought about it several times in the past 5 months, but it was either in the middle of an English final, driving the car across town, or when I was REALLY into eating a Chipotle burrito (steak, olives, lettuce, cheese, and extra guacamole) and just couldn't be distracted.

At any rate, I believe there are some birthdays to celebrate! *pulls out streamers and inflates balloons*

Today is Nicolaus Copernicus' birthday (1473) - we have him to thank for figuring out that the earth is indeed orbiting the sun, and not the other way around.

I don't know what he's holding in his left hand, but it looks pretty damn awesome.


I think people probably listened to him because of his official and rather scary-looking instruments. And he was one smart Polish dude.


King of the Solar System


Also, this guy, 'Grandpa Jones,' who was a Banjo champion and a classic country singer, died today in 1998. He will be missed, and his impressive mustache will be missed as well. We salute your musical ability, Grandpa! (I'm not being sarcastic. I have a genuine awe of anyone who can play a musical intstrument, from banging on the drums in a coordinated rhythm to composing a concerto. You musicians are all awesome.)

He just unlocked 'Hardcore' on Banjo Hero: World Tour.

Love you all!

Kells


No comments:

Post a Comment